Re: Darkroom question...

"Mark Lent"

> I don't really know if this has been discussed, but if you're using
> Potassiumferricyanide (sp?) for bleaching, make sure that you don't use it
> near stop-bath. The chemicals in the stop-bath has an agent that releases
> cyanide gas if it is mixed with PFC.

decomposition of potassium ferricyanide takes place at *REALLY* high temperatures and not much else, though very low amounts can and do occur when people throw every darkrrom chemical together and bleach is included

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_ferricyanide

potassium ferrOcyanide however is a different story and it's toxicity and similarity of name leads to confusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_ferrocyanide

and in one instance I know of, a 'tech' bought the wrong stuff, and a terrible accident could have occured (!) but didn't when I spotted the chemicals they were about to mix (!)

:)

karl