RE: Darkroom question...

I don’t really know if this has been discussed, but if you’re using Potassiumferricyanide (sp?) for bleaching, make sure that you don’t use it near stop-bath. The chemicals in the stop-bath has an agent that releases cyanide gas if it is mixed with PFC.

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guy Glorieux
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:27 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Darkroom question...

Many thanks to those that answered my question on bleaching.

The information, comments and warnings is extremely useful and confirms my expectation that this is going to be a very delicate process.  But, the fact of the matter is that unless I somehow treat these single-copy prints, they will remain of limited value.

I have now found a darkroom here in Montreal that has a sink big enough for me to lay the prints flat, so that I will have a much better control of the process than with the roll-unroll-reroll process.  And I will have the assistance of someone who has quite a big of experience with selective bleaching.

Wish me luck...

Guy