Gallery Review

Photos here http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Comments here  -

Mark Harris Talea Feet Sitting - First off I really like the camera
angle and the way you didn't get directly in front of her so we can see
ther legs leading back to her torso and the way her feet are centered
while she is almost floating out of the frame. This image makes me
wonder what Talea thought as you explained the shot to her.

D.L. Shipman Spanish Point Florida - Drama, drama, drama. The tree on
the left is rearing up in an attack posture while the tree on the right
is more defensive. They are perhaps fighting over the bush between them
bathed in light - probably a child. Meanwhile, surrounding them, the
crowd encircles them leaving no route of escape. Powerful.

Trevor Cunningham angkor thom moat - A classic scene that I really like
but for my taste the tonal range is too flat and the image could use
some sharpening. When I tweaked it a bit in Photoshop it appealed to me
much, much more.

Marilyn Dalrymple Rain on Lilly Pond - Like Trevor's shot, this shot
looked darker than I like too but after looking at it a while longer and
noticing the burn on the outer edge I concluded its meant to be seen
this way although adjusting the highlights really makes the water drops
sparkle. The way water lillies grow is almost magical. I live near a
large pond where the water level drops leaving the pads to stand in the
air revealing endless shapes and interactions. I love their overly large
leaves and seed pods. To me this image reveals a darker side of the
lilly accentuating the dark, flat cyan-green shading punctuated bya
protruding red tongue - perhaps a Monet nightmare.

Roy H. Miller Frozen Stream - 'Tis strange indeed to see the water
deeply frozen and yet the blossom so full of life. Excellent contrast of
color and aliveness.

Elson T. Elizaga Scavengers - The slanted horizon perhaps represents the
world our of kilter. I like the way the image is primarily dirty earth
tones yet there is the stripe of blue sky, the red bag, the large, green
leaves and the orange dog that looks a lot like a fox. The green and
orange sort of offer hope but the red of the bag reminds me of bloody
flesh and the cloudy, tilted sky seems somewhat ominous.

Greg