Re: Question about Scanning

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard" <howard.leigh111@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: Question about Scanning

> I agree that you cannot, with Epson flat bed scanners, use Digital Ice
> on B&W negatives.
> I haven't bothered with Silverfast or Vuescan. The latter did not
> appear, to my eyes, to give significantly better results compared to
> Epson's own software. However many people claim Vuescan is outstandingly
> better!

thats cool, what works, works :)

One of the pluses for Vuescan is exporting in RAW (which does NOT mean greater dynamic range, rather it means a greater bit depth) also access to the hardware without manufacturer software getting in the way so restrictive clipping/curves can be eliminated.

it also gives you multipass scanning