Re: Can someone translate for me?

Thank you, Don.  I appreciate having the information.

Marilyn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Roberts" <droberts@xxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: Can someone translate for me?

Marilyn, the screen numbers are for the resolution of the halftone screen used to actually do the printing. Newspapers use around an 85 line per inch screen. Magazines on coated (gloss) stock use up to about 185 lpi. That info and the weight and quality of the paper should not be factors for you to consider.
Don

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
Hello James,

They are asking for 300 dpi, digital. I wasn't sure about the, "110 minimum /133 maximum line
screen, 80# cover, 45# gloss," which is apparently for the printer only.

Marilyn