Re: PF member's exhibit on 12-13-08

               Rob Miracle - In the Spotlight
Chris wrote:

It's another woman! We men never tire of seeing beautiful women, I wonder of
women like men just as much? Even in magazines for women we don't often see
pictures of men.

Expect it.  Thats what I do these days :-)

Formyrotts@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I like this in B/W, I don't know why, but I think it works better in B/W then it would in color.

I was the secondary photographer on this shoot. The primary and I team up for a lot of our shoots. We feed off each other allowing a 2nd eye for suggestions, lighting adjustments, etc. This was a very colorful scene. We were using a fog machine and had dropped a strobe behind the smoke with a red gel on it. She was in a purple corset and we were primarily using a 3 light setup, key, kicker and backlight. The scene was quite colorful. However I was in a B&W mood and the theme was "Sexy Goth" for the shoot. B&W work well for goth, so we got B&W.

You can see the other shots from this session at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miracle_man/

Thanks for the comments.

               Guy Glorieux - First snow over Montreal
I want snow! Its not something we get very often here in Raleigh, NC. I like the combination of the panoramic treatment and the fish-eye effect. It gives the photo a very cool effect. You've done a good job with the tonal range as well.
               Linda Buttstead - THIS SAYS IT ALL
When I first saw this on my crackberry yesterday, I needed the description to really understand what was going on, but today on the big screen, its apparent that a major battle is brewing between the equipment and the cat. The intensity on the cats face didn't show up on the small phone screen but really comes out in the larger version. Nice capture!

               Marilyn Dalrymple - The Umbrella
This has an air of mystery to it. Who is the person behind the umbrella? Why are they out in the rain? The line between the ground and plants provides an interesting line cutting through the scene. I might have cropped this to a 5x7 to trim a bit of the foliage but its a wonderful shot none the less.
               Gregory david Stempel - Linking The World
1/10th hand held with a non-VR lens even with a wide angle is impressive. The colors really explode from your monitor and it was a good choice to complement the yellow tones of the rest of the scene. This could easily be a commercial photo for some tech journal.
               Emily Ferguson - Lake Ontario shoreline
Two words: Beautiful Landscape. Its an excellent work with great colors, interesting lines and it makes the viewer wish they were there.
               Mark Harris - Standing
Even with the current lighting setup, you've created a nice abstract work. Nice tonal range and interesting curves are important to these kinds of works. You could experiment with this same subject and a thousand different lighting setups. You might find more you like better, but this one is good enough to stand on its own.

               Trevor Cunningham - aww, christ!
I really would like to see a larger version so I can make out what's written on the stick. I'm not quite sure I get whats going on here. Photographically, its a clever composition with the tile lines and their angles and how they divide the frame and the stick's angle lies along the same lines. Perhaps one would need to know more about Mapplethorpe to get the pun, but my knowledge of him is limited.

Excellent work everyone!
Rob