Re: Long digital exposures?

Guy Glorieux

> 2.  *Square vision*: some really interesting comments.  Why did they invent
> 8x10 format (I know... it's 4 times 4x5!)?  But then, ..  why did they
> invent 4x5...?

to get away from whole plate? (8 1/2 x 6 1/2)  :)

I understand whole & half plate film cameras were still in use until the 1970's in various parts of the world outside the US

film is still available..

then there's always the 5x7 film cameras.

ps, didn't like the 16:9 ratio.  I thought I would but I didn't :/  Oddly I like 24x72 though.  Square is always fun but I do feel the need to crop in printing 9 times out of ten.

Cropping in-camera is not something I fuss about generally though.  I make sure I fill the frame as best I can with what I want even though I will crop one way or another  If it's the long side needs a crop because I want the short side *this* long, or the short side cropped because I want the long edge *that* long, it's all good.  I won't stick to a framing convention if the image doesn't benefit though

karl