Re: DIY photo equipment

In a message dated 10/12/2008 5:41:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
actually old computers can be turned into a number of useful photo related gadgets for darkroom use, like enlarger timers and exposure meters - even print contrast previewers and grain magnifiers (focus finders).  The later I also built as a standalone using a small
I got a lot of old computer stuff, various boards, broken Jaz drives, a working Zip 100mb drive I got free with some purchase,CDROM drives, small hard drives, a computer that ran Windows 3.1 etc. So what can I make from this stuff? or should I recycle the items, melt them dowm into a block of? ?
Roy