RE: PF members' exhibit on 11-10-08

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Oct. 11, 2008.
Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
include:

             Elson T. Elizaga - Footprint at the Estuary
This is a classic image. It makes you think of time, how all gets washed
away. If you took a plaster cast and made it in concrete you would have
something permanent but that too would pass away.

             Howard Leigh - Esther

She is yet another lovely girl. Such ladies are two a penny. I had one once
she was more than a million to me but she vanished away one day. I got
through a several more too. We men are terrible when it comes to women but
really I only wanted one.

             Valery Firsov - Ship`s Girl

We love our women. Is she there for the men or does she think of travel,
experience and adventure, to go to far off places and escape the boredom of
life at home. I found life on board ship quite slow with the drone of the
engines and the slap of the waves against the hull.

             Lea Murphy - Ruth

I like the lighting of the image and its consequential modeling. She has
seen her life pass by and probably wants some peace. Perhaps the image is
for her children.

             Marilyn Dalrymple -

It is very suitable for the purpose for which it is intended. Otherwise I
don't like it. I would like to see a copy of the book to see the rest of the
photographs and stories.

             Rene M Hales - Vista Clara

What is behind the wooden gate? That is what the image conjures up. It looks
like a very civilized garden behind the wooden gate.

             Emily L. Ferguson - edge and icon

This is a very difficult shot. Rainbows don't occur often and when they do
they are usually very faint. I don't like it really though.

             Trevor Cunningham - no...

Ah! .... Animals!

             Andrew Davidhazy - Ontario freighter arrives in Rochester

I especially like this image. It is like a book of ships I was given as a
child. It is making a lot of smoke like it was powered by coal with a stoker
putting coal from the bunker to the boiler. I like the angle as it shows the
ship lying in the water like a wedge forcing its way through unwilling foam.
It makes you think of where it came from: was it far away or just up the US
coast? Is it carrying coal or wheat or cotton or is it carrying manufactured
goods for sale in Rochester city? The image makes you think of the people on
board: the tired old captain and the worn out crew looking forward to the
shore leave when it reaches port. And are there any passengers and are some
of them refugees and are some of these illegal immigrants looking for a new
life in the United States?

I see it carries the US flag and seagulls circling the ship looking out for
a meal....