Re: Image artifact solution sought

Hi Andy:

Notice that the interesting lines in each image are perpendicular to the short side of the frame. Second, the outer edges of the lines form the circular path of the propeller tip ( adjusted for angle of course ).

So, it seems that the camera sensor is being scanned across the image parallel to the short side of the frame. For a few microseconds, the image of the ground is clearly seen and then for a fewer microseconds, the propeller's black color blocks the view.
And so on.

The really interesting thing here is that the scan rate is almost exactly in synch with the propeller radial rate, a happy coincidence that yields almost straight lines for the portions of the image either showing the propeller ( black lines ) or the landscape.

The really interesting question is can you infer the scan rate of the camera given the propeller RPM?

Nice puzzle,

James