Re: PF members exhibit 09-07-08

Bob, I guess my meaning wasn't clear on the things tied together. My comment was meant to mean that I didn't think I had to critique before I wondered about the gallery. I have critiqued often in the past. Many of the current members were not in the forum when I was more active. But, I am gratified to see the renewed interest. I hope I can contribute more in both areas. This is still a great place to be.
Don

Bob wrote:
I just got back after a few days away from home so this isn't timely......

Sure the two are tied together. If no one critiques the images why would anyone that wants to improve contribute images?

I want the gallery because I read the critiques and try to learn from them. And after reviewing the critiques I sometimes think I did it right and submit a serious entry.

I have no other venues.

And to Andy, sometimes an honest critique has to be harsh. If I couldn't "take the heat I'd get out of the kitchen". I'm in the "students" category of the forum.

Bob

Don Roberts wrote:
Hi Emily. I didn't realize the two things were tied together. I admitted my lack of participation. I was trying to engage the group in a discussion about the gallery. Do we want a gallery? Is it merely a lack of time by most people? Do people feel unqualified to review? The gallery was an important feature of the this forum in the past. I asked if people had found other venues to display and discuss. Do you have thoughts about any of these things?
Don

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Well, Don?

Why don't you do a review, instead of wondering why noone has?