Re: PF members exhibit 09-07-08

> - The 112kb image  had at least one 5kb thumbnail embedded in it, and
> stripped of metadata, HP  printer information, Adobe signatures and
> thumbnail(s) it
> reduced to  66kb

I really like having access to the EXIF data; it lets me test simple
hypotheses without bothering the photographer or the rest of the list
("what focal length", "what aperture", "what shutter speed", etc.).  I
have an explicit policy of NOT removing that information from images in my
own online galleries.  I also try to make sure the IPTC info has useful
stuff like location filled in, in hopes that it will be useful to people
down the line.

Erasing date, location, or ID information is like erasing the notes off
the back of a photo sitting in the family-photos shoebox :-).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info