Re: Rear curtain synch question

On Mon, September 8, 2008 11:36, ADavidhazy wrote:

> I suspect that it depends on the camera. If yours has rear curtain sync
> built in then
> you could always slave a studio flash to the on-board flash.

My Nikon D200 says in the manual that  you can't use rear-curtain sync
with studio flash.  Or possibly it says that in my White Lightning docs,
but I hardly ever look at those, so I'm pretty sure it's in the camera
manual.

This makes no sense to me, and I have not attempted to experiment with it
and see if it's true, or in what ways it fails.

I'm away from the manual just at the moment (those pesky day-jobs), I'll
try to remember to check to night exactly what it says.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info