PF members exhibit comments

at PhotoForum gallery/exhibit:  http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Lea Murphy - Lauren's Jeans

Neat textural photograph. Look like age rings on a tree but more interesting.
On a side note ... Lauren sure seems to wear a lot of jeans! I only have one
pair and have worn them for what seems years.

Rob Miracle - White Tiger

Hmmm ... words don't come to mind. Maybe tiger face just a bit dark. The fact
one can't see its left side bothers me a little. What is it after? a mouse?
a spectator?

Marilyn Dalrymple - Joan

Seems a bit contrived. The cropping is a bit odd in my view. A bit too much
black for my taste. On the cropping deal ... her left side just brushes the
edge of the image and that upsets me.

Tina Manley - Rain Dance

Someone else stated the fact that rain seems to be missing. But ignoring that
she could just be a happy go lucky young lady. Maybe waiting for the aliens
to land? ;)  ... a happy photo!

Mark Lent - Bay Bridge

Slight keystoning effect bugs me. Would like to see a little more detail in
lower part of photo. Well, maybe everywhere.

Valery Firsov - Love of Weevil

Does not do much for me. Too much is fuzzy. Not much of "substance" IMO.

Trevor Cunningham - bullfight

I guess you had to be there to feel the rumble and the excitement. Although
the people in the photograph don't seem to express much interest in the
fight. They are, indeed, indifferent. There is too much stuff at top. That
intruding board is a distraction. The roof is interesting.

Jerry McCown - Antelope Canyon

Problem with this it is an iconic location and fails to meet up to
"established" standards so to speak.

Laurenz Bobke - Puruvesi Sunset

Nice yellow color but that is about it.

Andrew Davidhazy -

Is she running away from some danger? Looks apprehensive but at same time
vulnerable. Coiffure is certainly distracting. Highlights are overblown.
Shadows are too dark. Another one expecting aliens to arrive maybe?

OK ... that is my $.02 take it or not
andy