Re: Film/Slide Scanner

On Thu, September 4, 2008 21:38, karl shah-jenner wrote:

> scratches of course are not removed by FARE or ICE, but old darkroom
> techniques of smearing nose grease go a long way to filling the scratches
> on the backs of film - though a lot of scanners focus so shallow this is
> mute.

ICE does pretty well with scratches generally; they block (or diffract
away) the IR, so they're flagged as errors and fixed.

I clean my film before putting it into the scanner still.  Try to avoid
using cleaning fluids unless there's a real problem, but dust removal with
air or brush *always*.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info