Re: Film/Slide Scanner

Mark writes:

: Scanning takes time, but it hardly has to be the only thing you are doing while the scanner is running.  I just finished a long delayed scan project of close to 1000 images.  It took a couple of weeks, but I would watch TV, read a book ect during the scan time.  In other words it was my more or less non productive time anyway.  It took that long because my scanner could only hold 6 at a time.  I almost used the excuse to get a scanner that would do a full roll of 35mm at one sitting.  Then I could start scanning and then go to bed.  When I wake up the next morning 6 times the work would have been done.

are these negs?

I'm confused - so many people have good DSLR's these days yet when it comes to digitising slides they still scan when using any old slide copier would be *so* much quicker and give results as good as their wonderful dslr can take

Since getting my first DSLR I have not and cannot imagine firing up the scanner for anything less than 4x5 chromes or negs

mind you,

as soon as I get the mask sorted and can work a good way to shoot negs and reverse/demask them, I'll be doing that by digicam too