Photosynth

http://photosynth.net/about.aspx

MS has just launched the much waited for Photosynth

you can see what others have done with it here:
http://photosynth.net/explore.aspx

"Photosynth installs two programs on your computer: a Web browser plug-in for viewing synths, and an application (called "Photosynth") for creating them. Clicking the Install Photosynth button below will install both of them. When it's done your computer will be ready for both viewing and creating synths. "

however
"Minimum System Requirements

Important: Photosynth makes heavy use of your graphics hardware. If you have an older graphics system, Photosynth may not run. Also, Photosynth requires that your graphics acceleration be set to full.

Operating System: Only Windows XP (SP2 or SP3) and Windows Vista are supported at this time. Running Windows on a Mac? Photosynth runs under Boot Camp only. Parallels and other VM software cannot run the viewer.

Web Browser: Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2, and Firefox 3

Memory: 256 MB of memory is a bare minimum; 1GB is recommended.

Graphics: Minimum 32MB of graphics memory required, 64MB or more is recommended. Photosynth runs on some DirectX6 capable cards and all DirectX7 cards."

unfortunately for me, I shan't be viewing anything created by this for a while since I'm not using any of the browsers/os's needed but others can have some fun :)