Re: Digital cameras in the Sun (was I have a favor to ask.)

> Perhaps the heat was being bounced back by the lighter undercoat? I heard  of
> a photographer who set up a studio and kept getting a green tinge to his
> pictures and he couldn't figure out why. He finally scraped off some of the
> white paint and found out the place had been painted green at some earlier  point!
> Roy

Interesting though about your friends studio - it sounds like white paint was acting as a diffuser to the underlying colour

in this case, the undercoat was the old paint which was a lot less reflective than the new coat of black. I also did a few tests with this particular paint and found it blocked IR very effectively - and this was the stuff I ended up using on a sandwich layer inside my failed leather bellows to make them usable with IR :)

but it's worth shooting a few things to see what is IR reflective or absorbent.  like with plants, visible colour is no guide to a plants absorbance or reflectance..  and some cloth is quite transparent as the old Sony video cam fuss revealed