Re: Digital cameras in the Sun (was I have a favor to ask.)

In a message dated 8/12/2008 7:49:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
painted one of my cars matte black a number of years back - many cringed and said it must have been hot.. truth be told it was quite cool inside compared to the 'lighter' colour it had been before.  photographed under IR it all but glowed with reflected IR where the former cream coloured paint job appeared darker photographed in IR.  Some black cloth reflects a lot more IR (and shades the skin better) than white clothes

Perhaps the heat was being bounced back by the lighter undercoat? I heard of a photographer who set up a studio and kept getting a green tinge to his pictures and he couldn't figure out why. He finally scraped off some of the white paint and found out the place had been painted green at some earlier point!
Roy