Re: Equipment choice questions

Full frame was part of my wish list.  It makes the wide angles really wide angle.  You still have the crop factor if you want it.  Still to get the toughness and build of a D40 as well as the newer electronics its a big plus. I can't afford the 8K bodies.  Not an option and no consideration given.  The XTi is coming down so much and does most of the things.  If it breaks it breaks.

With a little luck I could find a used XTi and a 1V for about the same money as the 40D.   If I go with the 1V, I better get better scanning software.  I have a Minolta Kimage Scan Elite 5400 with digital ice, but the software hasn't ever been good and we know how much help Minolta is going to be now don't we.