Re: PF member's exhibit on 07-25-07

One of the most beautiful galleries I've seen lately!

        Rob Miracle - Cori - Flower Girl
Usually, I don't like this type of elaborate makeup, but here it works very well! Technically perfect and looks almost more like a girl-flower than a flower girl. I especially like how the vivid colour contrast of the green and red parts recurs in both parts (glower-leaves / eyes/lips) of the creature.

        Emily L. Ferguson - Dorade
a very powerful shot, that almost makes me grab for support! Hope your camera was safe?

        J Michael Sullivan - Santa Fe Pancake Breakfast
I'm sure this was a wonderful event, but not having been there, the photograph doesn't really appeal to me. Sorry.

        Gregory david Stempel - Tacoma Mill
Wonderful light! As you may have guessed from my contribution, I love such silhouettes. The reflection at the bottom is an additional bonus...

        Laurenz Bobke - Stockholm Sunset  -  no comment.

        Valery Firsov - Scenery with Boat
I just returned from a trip to Finland and Sweden and this image very much reminds me of the landscapes I saw around lake Puruvesi - near the Russian boarder.
The calmness of nature in this region is very well captured.

        Christopher Strevens - Modern Industrial Landscape
I lived in Dundee (Scotland) for a year back in 1987 and photographed lots of buildings without anybody caring. I returned a couple of times and shot loads of pictures in Scotland and London.
I never encountered any problems in the lake district in August 2005 either.
There must have been a real change in attitude lately?!

        Jim Snarski - Working
nice shot and a witty title. Only a few days ago, I happily watched hundreds of bees and bumblebees from the windows of the cottage we rented in Finland. I was less happy with some other insects however (mosquitoes can be a real pain...)

Laurenz
http://www.travelphoto.net/