Re: Gallery comments

How do I get to your job jib?

--- On Sat, 7/12/08, Marilyn Dalrymple <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Marilyn Dalrymple <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Gallery comments
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 3:11 AM

Laurenz Bobke
Sunset over Puruvesi Lake (Finland):  Beautiful.  I wouldn't change a thing.  It's such a peaceful, serene image.  The composition, framing, exposure - everything is right on.

Don Roberts
Skebbe Bridge: Before I was even aware of the subject matter, this photograph had a very oriental-like feel to it.  You got an amazing photograph considering what you had to do to reproduce it.  I'd like it to be cropped some, though, so I could get a better look at the right half of the image.  Of course, if it were larger (16X20 or larger) that would solve me problem of not being able to see everything clearly, too.

Guy Glorieux
Parc Lafontaine:  Beautiful.  I must have missed your explanation of "pseudo-pano."  Can you explain, please?  The colors really pop in this photograph and I enjoy the detail of the clouds in the water's reflection.

Pini Vollach
BBQ:  A look into another culture is always fascinating.  The  "Nargila" is almost a piece of glass artwork.  Are the glass parts hand blown?

Michael Hughes
High Spirits:  A great photograph.  I really like the "fun" appeal to this image.  I think I might go vertical with this, though, just to put more emphasis on the two subjects, although the horizontal gives the viewer an idea of the surrounding area.  Either way - a refreshing image.

Dan Mitchell
Seabloom:  This building would have caught my eye, too.  I'm wondering if you had used a wide angle lens and stood back some distance, if it would give the photograph more of the look of "sad" and deserted?  It looks like this building is too close to the one on the right to have done this, though.  The wires at the top of the photograph are distracting.  Would you consider removing them?

I enjoyed viewing this very nice show.  Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging it.  Are you at the NASA Johnson Space Center this week, too, Andy?  If so, have a safe trip.

Marilyn