Gallery comments

Renate Volz
Kalanchoe on a Rainy Day:  What a delight to wake up and see this beautiful photograph first thing in the morning.  I know all ready that today is going to be a good day when it starts like this.  The red and green colors together are stunning; the composition couldn't be better and the blooms are in perfect focus.  The blurred background only makes the flowers more prominent.  The entire photograph has a 3-D effect.  (Speaking of which, I attended a talk on 3-D photography the other day and it was fascinating.  The speaker had images and equipment - including a 3-D comic book with glasses -  from as far back as the 1800s and all were amazing.)

Bob Sull
Steamy Mountains:  I enjoy seeing the thick, lush green trees and the mountains - and reading about he temperatures in the 50s and 60s - it's hot here in the California desert.  What time of year was this photograph taken, Bob?

Howard Leigh
Sunrise Over Cement Factory!:  A beautiful sky and stunning silhouette, Howard.  I like the fact that one can just barely see that it is a cement factory.  It adds a hint of mystery to the photograph.  Also , the sun looking as if it is just leaving the "ramp", as if it needed a push to rise that morning, is comical.

Michael Hughes
Open day, Spring 2008:  Someone recently sent me a message titled something like , "The Day God Spilled His Paint Bucket," or some such title.  This photograph should have been included with that message.  Each photograph was of a natural scene of unbelievable color and beauty.  What makes your photograph intriguing, Michael, is that the people on the right can be seen, which gives the viewer a sense of how tall  and massive the shrubs and bushes are.  Beautiful!

Emily L. Ferguson
Left behind 4:  I'm always intrigued by the patterns made by mundane,everyday items - like a water bottle left out in the sun -, but I don't take the time to record those patterns.  Your framing and composition of the elements make this an interesting photograph, Emily.  Good job.

Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging this great show.  Getting up and viewing the Photoforum Gallery each Saturday morning is one of the nicest parts of my week.

Marilyn