Gallery comments

Dan Mitchell
Little Wooden Hut by the Sea:  I agree with Dan - the balance of the elements in the photograph are very appealing.  The photograph makes me wish I could visit the "Little Wooden Hut by the Sea."  A very nice photograph.

Valery Firsov
The Break:  Nice lighting (although a little hot in the doorway) and this photograph tells a story.  I cropped the right hand side of the photograph to the door opening and this focused my attention on the subject - the sleeping man.  This made the photograph a little easier to look at, but as I said - without the cropping, the photograph tells a story.

Bob McCulloch
Hunger Memorial #1:  I love the fresh and cool look of all the greens in this photograph (it's supposed to be 107 degrees and we are in a drought where I am).  I'd never heard of a "Hunger Memorial," so I learned something.

Christopher Strevens
Stonehenge on the day of the UFO watch:  This is an unusual shot of Stonehenge - usually the emphasis is on the huge rock formations - this shot celebrates the cloud formations.  I like the use black and white; I can feel the chills going up and down my back that those of you at the site must have been feeling.  A very nice shot.

Howard Leigh
Toledo:  What a beautiful sculpture -  like the "folds" in the "material."  Wonderful work.  The clouds are cooperating perfectly by framing the right hand side of the statue.  Nice framing and composition of the clouds and statue.  Good job.

D.L. Shipman:   There is something very intriguing about this photograph.  It shows some mystery and prompts the viewer to see all kinds of stories in the flowers.  Are the flowers those of a fading, wilting bridal bouquet?  An aged photograph from the past?  An interpretation of some flowers bought and photographed that morning?  I'd like to see the yellow a little less yellow (this could be my monitor), but I see much to like in this image.

Tim Holmes:   This photograph deserves a Haiku poem to be written about it!  The snail is a perfect subject.  What an unusual color this snail's shell is.  I would have taken this shot, also.  If it had been my shot (and it wasn't), I would have saturated the colors just a little and darkened the entire image.  However, the snail is interesting and I like the monotone-like colors in this photograph.  Nice work.

Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging the show.  I enjoyed it very much.

Marilyn