Re: Seagate

What I suspect is happening is there is something in the plug and play driver that MAKES you use their software.  Yet questions to two or three of their tech support people said that wasn't necessary.  I didn't want to be forced into their software and turning the automatic switch off.  I wanted to do as much as a I could to make sure that nothing but my images make this drive.  I don't want to have a virus to show up again time and time again for years to come.  It should have been as simple as select folder, copy to and wha la, its done.

Am I ticked off?  You bet.  I wouldn't be nearly as upset if they had just told me up front you must use our software.  You must do X, but that's not what happened.  The drive I got is probably better for my needs in many ways than the other.  Less storage space, but a better size and more portability.  Still even though that one worked, the outside of the package was at best misleading and at worst downright deceptive.  It is a USB drive, but no where did it say you needed two ports, show the cable, or show an image of how it hooked up till after you bought it.  If it was there, I sure didn't see it.  Wouldn't one think that would be information you need to know before you bought it?  Yet it wasn't something one could know till the drive was yours and you opened the plastic clam shell.

I will give Best Buy credit.  They swapped them with no questions asked or no problems at all.  Will someone remind me again.  Was film really such a pain???  lol