Re: Seagate

"Seagate and Maxtor seem to be somehow related".....

Seagate owns Maxtor. I've not really compared products under both names so I don't understand why there are still two names. I know that when I was working, 40 years in field service with Big Blue, Seagate hard drives were common in the mid range servers I took care of.

But then I was a hardware geek and not a business major,,,,  ;-)

Bob

Formyrotts@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, :)
Just a note on the external hd that was Seagate 500. It sounds like you bought the same one I did at Best Buy. So far, even though I can be dumb as a rock, it seems to be working like a gem! I did the automatic save (having burned most everything to a CD and deleted from my hard drive anyhow) onto the external, then started poking around in the Seagate program and figured out how to shut off the automatic save. Now I just save what I want onto it, I have another one which I bought to use as a mirror (just incase), as someone mentioned that to me--I've learned to listen to those with more experience then I have.

Oh, one thing I found interesting was the fact that Seagate and Maxtor seem to be somehow related, oh well. Linda B.

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.
(http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)

--
                          /////
                         ( O O )