Re: photo storage question

Linda B.,

You never have enough storage if you're a photographer (g)

You have to think about where you storage is off premises too. I use internal hard drives because they are smaller than external drives and keep one backup in a safe deposit box. I use to keep it at my Uncle's place in a nearby state but stopped when he passed on.  Internal drives tend to be faster at backing up whole drive since you can get ones that work at the speed of your bus. Of course this depends on how new your computer is as there are now faster hard drives that my computer can't make use of the extra speed. External dive usually work off UBS ports which are now slower than the faster hard drives.

I have a PCI card that lets me attach four more hard drives to my computer. At some point I will probably set up a raid system on a PCI card as it provides and immediate backup as you work.

Some services that host web sites provide unlimited storage.  You pay for your website on a yearly basis and have the storage. You have to have at least the regular speed cable upload speed to use this. Cable speed upload is slower than download .  I know you can get the same speed upload on a DSL premium service too. In my area AT&T has a DSL over a regular phone line that is cheaper per month than cable.

Roy