Re:camera scam

There are a lot of reasons to stick with one camera or another.  Sticking with an APS size sensor because of lenses that won't work with full frame make sense.  Picking one camera over another because of speed is valid.  But confusion often exists in the way different size lenses actually affect the photo and the manufacturers in my opinion add to it intentionally.

It isn't a multiplication factor.  The 1.6 to 1 is a reference for us to better visualize what will appear in the viewfinder.  What it really is though is a crop factor.  You can get the same photo with the 5D as you can with any APS sized sensor just by cropping.  The 5D just captures information the APS sensor doesn't.  Now does that require post processing?  You bet.  Does it slow the camera down to capture information you might just throw away later?  Probably at times.  Does it make it harder for you to visualize what the final print will be?  Possibly and if it works for you great.  But you really aren't getting extra focal length, just cropping.  Now will full frame lenses sometimes you are working more with the center of the lens which can improve some lenses.  Some lenses designed for full frame don't work as well with APS and other that are designed for APS won't work at all with full frame.

Just hope you can make it all work out well for you, and if you are into sail images and IS lens might be worth a great deal to you.