Re: Website question

Pets actually fall under property...and therefore a property release is required to ethically sell pet photos

Dana

From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wouldn't assume you don't need a release for the pets themselves, especially if you intend to sell them.

Lea

On Apr 4, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Dona Tracy wrote:
Thank you release to take along with me. Since the shots are random and I am focusing on capturing pets in action, I might not be able to get a release from everyone (who appears in the shots... they are in a public setting) and in many cases I might not be using the pic's I take. I assume the pets wouldn't need one though. :) For starters on my website, I am only using pet photos with out recognizable pictures of people.

> Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:39:30 -0400
> From: elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Website question
> To: photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> If the people are customers they should be signing a release as part
> of the contract separate piece of paper and
> tell them exactly which exposures they are releasing themselves for,
> if you want to be an ethical photographer.
> --
> Emily L. Ferguson
> mailto:elf@la ndsedg ephoto.com
> 508-563-6822
> New England landscapes, wooden boats and races
> http://www.landsedgephoto.com
> http://e-and-s.instaproofs.com/

More immediate than e-mail? Get instant access with Windows Live Messenger.

babies. they're what i do.