Re: Online photo book printers

I was skeptical, but impressed at the printing quality of the PF lulu.com book.  The construction is pretty basic, no better or worse than some arty products I've seen sold in stores.  The bottom line is certainly going to be the content and graphics you put into it.  My impression is that self publication isn't really going to do anything you don't pay for.  However, I too would be interested to know what companies offer you what.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert Oppenheimer

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 4, 2008 11:33:31 PM
Subject: Online photo book printers

Well I would be interested if anyone is using any of the online photo book printers, and if they are happy with the results they have gotten.  I have looked at lulu.com, but would be interested in other ideas too.

Id like to send this project somewhere where the reproduction results are good.  I also will need a place that can handle black and white photography as well as color.  Thanks in advance for the info.

Mark