Re: straight line response?

Don,

That is my gut feeling as well but as in your case I have not learned or done enough work with these devices to understand what goes on at the extreme low or high end of the "data". Few things (if any) in the real world seem to be instantaneous or linear. It seems to be a matter of the time frame one works in ... femtoseconds is maybe where it is at! ;)

andy

Don Feinberg wrote:

Well, I dunno about CCDs directly.

But as an old spacecraft hand, we used to fly many rather high-specification
A-to-Ds.  These were always "guaranteed linear", "guaranteed monotone",
"guaranteed quantization", etc., of course.