Re: point and shoot

Howard,

I bough an FX 8 back in 2005 and never regretted it. The camera is small and versatile and has quite a good image quality.
Of course, the small sensor can't beat an SLR on noise, but I Found that I use it a lot even when I have my big camera with me: Reason: depth of field is much greater with macro shots and it is very useful when shooting in awkward positions or for an unobtrusive photo, for example during a theatre performance or in a museum.
The FX8 only has 5 Megapixles but this is good enough for my purpose.
The main advantage is, of course, that I have it with me when I do not pack the big equipment.
Some pictures taken with the camera on my photo log: http://www.travelphoto.net/a-photo-a-day/wordpress/index.php?s=fx8

Laurenz

2008/3/23, Howard <howard.leigh111@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
> Thank you to all who gave me information and suggestions about the
> point and shoot cameras.  I appreciate your help.  Looks like I'll be
> doing some more research {:->
>
> Marilyn

Don't overlook the Panasonic range - their new FX series uses Leica
lenses, and the latest has a 25-125 equivalent zoom plus OIS etc etc.
And they are very very pocketable.

Howard