RE: CF Card Errors

 From what I read the problem now seems to be in the cameras. Not just the
CF card.
I have had a lot of trouble in student equipment with CF cards and cameras
as you describe. (Although I must say that the old Sandisk cards rarely give
trouble)

Usually I take out the battery and let the camera "Cool" for an hour or so
just to let any charge go...(superstition perhaps?).

Then I put a new or known-working CF card into the camera and it's fine.

The cards however, although the data can be recovered, seem to never be the
same again. They seem more prone to failure after that. Almost like they
just came to the end of their lives. I call them "senile" cards and we have
a stack of about 20.

This seems to be an arbitrary failure in the CF cards and I can't trace it
to any particular course of (Mal)action. I have also been entirely unable to
replicate the problem even by extracting the card with the camera switched
on over and over again.

In short.... Huh????????....

buy new sandisk 4GB IV (They are so FAST!)