Re: CF Card Errors

Just a guess but I would think it was simpler than that.  Most of the problems with CF cards come from the photographer removing it with the camera on.  That can cause all sorts of problems.  Don't keep using the card till you use some image rescue software on it which will likely be able to recover the images.  Then you can probably just reformat the CF cards and away you go again.

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Stempel"
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:07 AM
Subject: CF Card Errors

: Hi to everyone.
:
: I have a problem that just occured that suggests a virus has hit my cameras
: possibly through a compact flash card.
:
: I currently run with three Nikons, including the D200. I loaned my old D100
: to young photographer and gave them a couple of 1 gig CF Ultra memory cards.
: She claimed that she took the card out after shooting some images, tried to
: load the images onto her mom's laptop, but the laptop didn't have a card
: reader.
:
: She then put the CF card back into the camera and got the dreaded flashing
: CHA error. I tried to troubleshoot the card by placing into my D200 and now
: my D200 gives the same error. Neither camera will take a card now and every
: card I attempt to insert into eiither camera displays the same flashing CHA
: error and states "this card can not be used" in the LCD panel.
:
: Is there a fix? Could I have put a virus onboard my cameras???

what operating system are you using?

I'll suggest appropriate data recovery software then once you've got the images back you can reformat the card

karl