Re: CF Card Errors

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Stempel" <fyrframe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:07 AM
Subject: CF Card Errors

: Hi to everyone.
:
: I have a problem that just occured that suggests a virus has hit my cameras
: possibly through a compact flash card.
:
: I currently run with three Nikons, including the D200. I loaned my old D100
: to young photographer and gave them a couple of 1 gig CF Ultra memory cards.
: She claimed that she took the card out after shooting some images, tried to
: load the images onto her mom's laptop, but the laptop didn't have a card
: reader.
:
: She then put the CF card back into the camera and got the dreaded flashing
: CHA error. I tried to troubleshoot the card by placing into my D200 and now
: my D200 gives the same error. Neither camera will take a card now and every
: card I attempt to insert into eiither camera displays the same flashing CHA
: error and states "this card can not be used" in the LCD panel.
:
: Is there a fix? Could I have put a virus onboard my cameras???

what operating system are you using?

I'll suggest appropriate data recovery software then once you've got the images back you can reformat the card

karl