Re: Sociological Experiment

At 09:10 AM 2/25/2008, you wrote:

A friend of mine asked me to Photoshop together an image of a bunch of his relatives and family friends.............

The thing I find really interesting is that when my friend presented the photo to the group of people, the majority of them had no problem at all recognizing everyone else in the photo but they could not recognize themselves. I wonder if people in general have a difficult time recognizing their own face out of context or if its perhaps middle aged people are more aware of their body than their face.

Greg

This is not at all unusual or an exclusively middle aged/senior phenomena. Most people relate pictures to what they see in the real world. While they see others doing things like sailing, mud wrestling or playing croquet they seldom see them selves any where other than in a mirror and usually well coifed.

How many times has a friend or family member or even a loved one told you they "don't look good in pictures" when you suggest they pose. (Just as an aside, they will be more likely to pose if you promise not to show their face.)

Dave
East Englewood
It's OK to laugh gently during sex but never point.