Re: Sony's new flagship SLR

Depends on how they came up with the so called stabilized body.  Some of those systems in the body just take the reading from the meter and have the computer just up the ASA and shutter speed for you and call it a stabilized system.  If that's what it does, I don't even want it on my camera.

One system I wanted was a Ken Labs that makes any camera stabilized, but its big and isn't cheap.  Yet it works very very well.

Alexander Georgiadis <georgiadis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Minolta glass owners rejoice. All their lenses are now image stabilized. Wish Canon would admit that sensor based stabilization is the way to go and incorporate it in the upcoming EOS 3D.

/sigh
/keep dreaming

On Feb 1, 2008 10:23 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
karl shah-jenner wrote:
> http://www.news.com/Photos-Sonys-new-flagship-SLR/2300-1041_3-6228624.html?part=dht&tag=nl.e703
>
> Sony's new flagship SLRFebruary 1, 2008 4:00 AM PDT
>
> Sony announced its forthcoming "flagship" Alpha-branded SLR on Thursday at the Photo Marketing Association trade show in Las Vegas.
>
> Its chief defining feature so far is its use of a 24.8-megapixel sensor that's unusually large--the size of a full frame of 35mm film. That move makes Sony only the third digital SLR (single-lens reflex) maker, along with Canon and more recently Nikon, to aim for that part of the market.

Well, and Kodak (DCS-14).  And wasn't there a Contax full-frame a while ago?

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

--
Alex Georgiadis