RE: Copyright Issues/Pop Photography Article

Don’t we just love to have something to be scared of.

I think “Steal” is a hard word here.

People do copy images and use them all over the place… So what? Mostly they’re 8 to 12 year olds using pics for fun stuff.

The story about the banknote must be a 1 in a billion.

If you have pics of African heads of state, they’re likely to be subject to abuse, I guess.

But copyright law is one of those things that’s really for the benefit of big corporations who want to control creative output. But it’s sold as something to protect the artist cos otherwise it would never float. It’s FAR more often used AGAINST artists than for them.

I say: Let the kids take my pics on the internet (PLEASE CHOOSE MINE FROM THE BILLIONS OUT THERE AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I’M DOING SOMETHING WORTHWHILE)

and those that I feel real precious about, I won’t put up on a website.

You can’t prevent it so why worry about it.

The thing you need least of all is tighter laws

herschel