Re: Dirty slides

I would also be interested in hearing the answer to this question. My guess would be to dis-mount them and soak  and rinse in distilled water, then scan using a Digital ice 111 scanner. But I would suggest you contact kodak and ask their advice.

Alex

http://georgiadis.googlepages.com/

On Jan 30, 2008 10:58 PM, Bob <w8imo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob wrote:

> I was cleaning the basement today and buried in the corner was a box
> that contained, among other things, a bunch of Kodachrome slides from
> 1976.
> The slides are dirty with 30+ years of dust and grime.  I am looking
> for nondestructive methods of cleaning them.  This forum seemed like
> the best place to start asking for help and advice
>
> TIA,
> Bob

Oh, I forgot to mention that they are currently in paper mounts.

Bob

--
                          /////
                         ( O O )