Re: News in the 1910's

Uneducated guess - many more than were available from the previous turn of the century.  We know we have many more cameras and photographers than in 1900.  Many of the photos now being taken will be saved on CDs or DVDs or whatever supersedes those media.  Of course, many  will be printed also which becomes a different thing, I guess.  I imagine institutions like the Smithsonian and the LOC are very much aware of the problems with digital images and have plans in place to archive those.  The biggest problem may be one of identification.  You know when you do an image search on Google you find many images that have been tagged with your search terms but really are not what you requested.  That sort of thing may be a huge problem.
Don

I think what Greg said will be true - the ether will be fulfilled, packed up, overwhelmed.
The question is - does anyone ever care to see this stuff. I mean - even if they knew where this stuff is.
Today already it is quite boring and fatiguing to tolerate passively the amount of pictures, words, noise ... and I am living in the countryside!!!
I do not listen to my music CD-s, I do not browse picture galleries (even good ones), if I turn on the radio I soon realize there isn't any split second of silence...
If I'm tired, I will sit onto the sofa and watch TV . . . with my eyes closed.
If I live so long (2050 - 2060) I will hate both the archiving media and the archived stuff.

Today I was walking with my dog down to the field and reedbeds behind my house and the village when it was almost getting dark - the very last photons wandering around.
Suddenly there was a hole in the clouds and the near-to-full moon was pouring over the still-blue-sky some liquid platinum and together with the tint-black tree silhouettes it drove my roof away. I was really thankful, almost saying a blessing I had no camera with me.

Now I think if I live up to 2060 I hope there will be still possible to walk to the reedbeds and enjoy the full moon over the colourful darkness.
And neither camera needed, nor image search.

Peeter