News in the 1910's

Greetings friends,

A friend of mine drew my attention to a couple of very interesting sites with The Library of Congress.

The first is a compilation of News Photographs from the 1910s
covering a wide array of events both in the USA and abroad from the Baines News Service.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/sets/72157603624867509/
There is a fascinating picture of baseball player Herman A. "Germany" Schaefer
preparing o shoot a picture with a huge (8x10?) reflex camera.

A second is a compilation of vivid color photographs from photographers working for the FSA and OWI in 1939-1942.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/sets/72157603671370361/
These were shot in chrome and the colors are just outstanding.

I wonder how many pixel photographs from the turn of this century
will still be around in the 2050s-2060s
to tell the story of mankind on this little planet.

Regards,

Guy

--
Que la douceur de l'amitié soit faite de rires et de plaisirs partagés.
Khalil Gibran