Re: Photographers Still Using Film

Trevor Cunningham wrote:

As for film, I am patiently waiting for the market to stabilize and there to be a handful of steadfast monochrome films and papers. It is my belief that demand is strong enough for such products to exist. For god’s sake, they still produce typewriters!

It does seem quite likely that there is a market for quite a while yet for some conventional monochrome films and papers. I support the idea of people working voluntarily in obsolete processes (even things as toxic as daguerreotype, though people doing that should *please* be careful!) even though I'm not much tempted by any of them myself so far, and expect to continue to support it even when the processes considered "obsolete" are extended to include the ones I've worked with in the darkroom myself. In fact, I've never planned to get rid of the developing tanks and reels, and little stuff like that, though I'm not moved to use it in decades.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info