Re: PF exhibit update 01/12/07

At 11:21 AM -0500 1/12/08, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 12 2008. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

              Trevor Cunningham - palm and mist

Well, the way the palm sticks out is nice enough, but the blurr of the rest is too much the same tonality as the palm, I think. More contrast?

              Marilyn Dalrymple - Who Me?

Yes. They do have attitude and look like it. And they do know. The best of them are extremely smart, too.

              Elson T. Elizaga - Defend The Rights of Our Parents

Elson is bragging!  Aside from that I'm not really in to babies.

              Greg Fraser - I warned you (Rose)

Sah ein Knab ein Röslein stehn, Röslein auf der Heide.

              Howard Leigh -Train coach coupling

Curious how the man's muscles make it look like he's drawing the two train cars together but we all surely know he's not. Aside from that the photo is interesting enough but I can think of quite a few ways to make it better. Howard probably can too. We all grow as time passes.

             Peeter Vissak -You cannot compete the machine

compete with? Maybe not, but the correct type of horse might be able to. My eyes are drawn to the curve on the R front leg. It's so soft and tender. There is something uncomfortable about the fiberglass dinghy and the wooden trailor with all the plaid shirted people on it. The modern meets the 1950s rural.

              Qkano -Depth of Focus :o)

Interesting how small an aperture one needs to get any depth of field at all in macro shots. Interesting selection of objects to illustrate that and the splaying effect is interesting too.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx