RE: More Photoshop Colors Problems

Try restarting Photoshop with all the default settings.
Click the icon then immediately, before PS has a chance to open, hold down
shift, alt and Ctrl and keep them down till PS opens. You'll be asked
whether you'd like to delete the preferences. Click yes.

When you change from Adobe RGB to sRGB you can expect the appearance of the
image to change because it's a different colour space. There's no such thing
as perfect color. Not even "RIGHT" color. Inks, phosphors and all the guys
at IEC in Paris can't get ONE unified theory on what RED means. Let alone
what "skin-tone" means.
The key word is perception. It must look and "Feel" the way you want it to.
Then, for all intents and purposes, it's right. If you can't get a decent
profile, use standardized adjustment layers. Make a curves layer and a
colour balance layer and save them in a small psd document that opens
easily. Put them in to documents just before you print.
Adobe RGB is not much use as an output color space if you haven't worked on
the image. It's too wide gamut and images can look grey and slightly muddy.
sRGB is more punchy and generally better looking at first glance. Adobe RGB,
like RAW files, are good if you want to and are prepared to do some sweating
over a hot computer. They do need a little work but if your images are worth
the work then it's the way to go.
Otherwise you can get lovely results shooting large fine JPEGS in sRGB (Go
on... shoot me down technocrats!)

Herschel