Re: More Photoshop Colors Problems

herschel writes  RE: More Photoshop Colors Problems

When you change from Adobe RGB to sRGB you can expect the appearance of the
image to change because it's a different colour space. There's no such thing
as perfect color. Not even "RIGHT" color. Inks, phosphors and all the guys
at IEC in Paris can't get ONE unified theory on what RED means. Let alone
what "skin-tone" means.

exactly exactly exactly! :)

:The key word is perception. It must look and "Feel" the way you want it to.

:Adobe RGB is not much use as an output color space if you haven't worked on
the image. It's too wide gamut and images can look grey and slightly muddy.
sRGB is more punchy and generally better looking at first glance. Adobe RGB,
like RAW files, are good if you want to and are prepared to do some sweating
over a hot computer. They do need a little work but if your images are worth
the work then it's the way to go.
Otherwise you can get lovely results shooting large fine JPEGS in sRGB (Go
on... shoot me down technocrats!)

agree completely.

A lot of what you say forms the basis of my own colour profiling experience.. something I've been working on for a few years and with a few different (large) colour management companies.

Sharing time..

I've decided to give up on the idea of making $$ out of this mnethod and once I put the finnishing touches on it, I'll post a link to PF about a really easy way to manage colour

watch for it soon :)

karl