Re: Solid state SD cards back-uper?

On Nov 21, 2007, at 14:22 , Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

At 9:42 PM +0000 11/21/07, Kostas Papakotas wrote:
well seems I am REALLY out of luck....
1- I do not wish to have a hard drive

That doesn't make any sense. These little hand held viewers have hard drives inside them when they get up around 10 Gig. Just the other day I asked a tech person when we were going to have 1Terabyte flash drives and he said probably never. Apparently engineers are finally reaching the limit of miniaturization of components around 8 Gig. Physics rears its ugly head. Interesting.

Well, the new iPod touch has up to 16GB flash drives. And at least one vendor announced 64GB flash drives a while ago (http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130165-c,harddrives/article.html ). Physics doesn't seem to be slowing them down, so don't give up hope for a 1TB flash drive, yet. I'm not. ;)

robert