gallery comments

Catherine Heinz
Street Lighting:  I like this photograph very much.  As simple as it is, it carries several messages - less is more; a photographer never knows where and when and under what circumstances they will stumble upon a very successful photographic subject, and there is nothing like a beautiful film image.  Great photograph, Catherine.

Renat Touichev
The room with a sakura:  A beautiful black and white portrait.  It reminds me of the work of celebrity photographers of the 40s and 50s.  The brick and flowers work and the lighting couldn't be better.  The young lady must be very pleased with this, as you should be, Renat.

Russ Baker
Another well done portrait.  Very clean and simple.  The girl looks so natural and relaxed - not camera shy at all.  The only suggestion I could make is I'd like to see a little more side lighting so there was some form and modeling to her face.  Still, very nice.

Lea Murphy
baby goat:  Really cute.  I can see the goat's curiosity on his face.  He looks intelligent.  (I don't know anything about goats.  Are they known for their intelligence?)

Emily L. Ferguson
Forest in Fall:  I like the way the largest limb forms an arch from the bottom right corner to the upper left corner.  The sun just peeking through the branches is just enough and catching it as it is (not too bright or overbearing) was very well done.    The colored leaves are beautiful.  This photograph has a very spiritual feeling to it.

Mark Harris
Artist Hands:  Your series of artist's hands sounds fascinating.  The slight angle of this photograph works very well, it allows the viewer to see more of what is happening.  As with Emily's photograph - something about the subject ("the potter") has a spiritual feel.

Pini Vollach:  I wonder what this woman is thinking.  She has a very serious look on her face, but the _expression_ is universal to all women.  It would be interesting to know how men differ from women in describing her thoughts according to her _expression_.  And - then to learn what she was really thinking.

Alan Zinn
Window Seat:  When I first looked at this as the thumbnail, it looked like a shark swimming under water, just above the ocean floor.  What is causing the look of "vibrations" of the wing?  Is it actual vibration caused by wind?

Christopher Strevens
Pile of Stones:  Another unusual subject and treatment, Christopher.  I don't think this one works quite as well as past attempts, but still it is an intriguing photograph.

A very nice gallery this week.  Nice work, photographers.  Thank you Andy and staff for hanging the show.  Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Marilyn

"Dogs  come when they are called; cats take a message and get back to you later."
Mary Bly