Gallery comments

Rene M Hales
A Walk on Cannons Beach, Oregon, USA:  I really enjoy this photograph, Rene.  The footprints leading to the people, who take us into the water, mountains and clouds.  I can place myself right in the scene.  I can also see this as a wall-sized print in a quiet room so viewers can sit in front of it and meditate.  A very restful, easy-on-the-eyes and spirit, photograph.

Trevor Cunningham
Idul Fitri Pause:  I was a little unsure of what I thought about this photograph until I read your explanation at the PF site, Trevor.  Now the photograph makes perfect sense.  This shows an interesting perspective and caught my attention, and that is what a photograph should do.

Jim Snarski
Point Arena Light:  This scene is shot with a perspective I may never have seen if not for your photograph, Jim.  It's quite a fascinating photograph.  I like the greens, blues and red; the water washing against the rocks - really nice.

Dan Mitchell
End of the line:  Whenever I see the ruins of any building, I always wonder what the people who lived in them before the structures became ruins were like.  Images like yours, Dan, are sad to a degree, but one can always imagine that the people moved on to bigger and better things.

I'm drawn to the rustic, weathered feel of this photograph.  The rust against the cream-colored stove work well together.  Good shot.

Emily L. Ferguson
Waiting for rain:  Perfect colors for the fall and Christmas season.  I see a definite diagonal pattern here (runs upper left to lower right, for me).  I've never seen cranberries while growing and for some reason, I'm surprised by the appearance of the branches and leaves - although, I never really thought about what they should look like.

Christopher Strevens
Lines and Lines and Lines:  I like your recent experiments with the different photo tools, Chris.  You match the subject with the effect, well.  This image is well balanced, clean and interesting.  I like it.

Roy Miller
Bird Of Prey:  What a beautiful animal, and every feather is in focus.  He does look a bit on the cranky side, though.

Thank you to all who contributed to the gallery and thank you to Andy and staff for their effort in hanging the show.  You really offer a great service to us at PhotoForum, Andy and even if I don't mention it often, all your work is very much appreciated.

Marilyn
"Dogs  come when they are called; cats take a message and get back to you later."
Mary Bly