Charles Dias comments - PF exhibit on 11/03/07

Hi,

After sometime away, I´m back.
Here´s my comments to this week gallery. By the way, it has some very nice photos. Compliments for all the photographers in there.

Charles Dias

Valery Firsov - Horsewoman
I like very much the motion effect and the dynamic look it creates, very nice. Colors are nice too but I think some some white balance correction would be nice in order to get the whites really whites, it´s something magenta in my screen. I´m afraid that tree trunk in front of the horsewoman didn't´t work for me just as the cut in the tip of the hose´s nose, sorry.

D.L. Shipman - Stilt House Englewood 2007
Very nice BW infrared shot. It´s lovely and perfectly converted. You pinpointed the contrast balance. Composition is very nice, well balanced. I dare to say this photo would be perfect for an architectural magazine or book cover.

Howard Leigh - Hardknott Pas
This photo remembers me Highlander movie locations. I think you should crop that tip of sky on the top and the tip of road on the bottom, it´s just distractive elements. Some color saturation, contrast and white balance correction would be nice too to allow all the shades of green to come alive. I dare to say you also should clone out that cars down the road with some delicate cloning tool work, it´s something distractive too.

Trevor Cunningham - landslide
I think this photos should have some color saturation, contrast and white balance correction to get colors more interesting. I´m not sure about that "lying L" shape of the slope and the flash line of trees, it´s configuring a weird composition line.

R. Blakely - Where's that Garter?
Funny photo for private use of the couple but it doesn´t´t get my attention.

Linda Buttstead - TRUST
If you get some drastic cropping here to get rid of all the black/red stuff and leave just the hand and the dog´s head, you get a nice image for a greeting card with a strong sentimental appeal.

Emily L. Ferguson - Cranberry Bog Storage Shed
Very nice that old yellow schools bus and its reflection on the water surface. I think you should concentrate this image just on this because all there rest is distraction. Crop it and work colors to get a very nice image.

Don Draper - Autumn view
Very nice mix of backlit and fall leaves, classical one. I like the colors and specially the way you got a perfect exposure. For some people that blurred green leaves on the foreground (right side) could be something distractive, but it´s not a problem for me. I think some color correction to get a gold tone would be nice.

ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> escreveu:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 03 2007. Authors
with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Valery Firsov - Horsewoman
D.L. Shipman - Stilt House Englewood 2007
Howard Leigh - Hardknott Pas
Trevor Cunningham - landslide
R. Blakely - Where's that Garter?
Linda Buttstead - TRUST
Emily L. Ferguson - Cranberry Bog Storage Shed
Don Draper - Autumn view

There are no photographs (enqueued for future updates of the weekly exhibit.
Hint: There is room for at least 8 more!

To participate in this activity send your contributions early and anything you
can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment
would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in maximum size.
Guidelines for participating in the weekly or the series exhibits are
available by following the link provided on main gallery page given above.

We do have a theme based gallery in the works. The inauguration of this
collection is imminent as there are now 10 photographs awaiting display.
To participate until this collection is installed send your images as if
they were for the regular weekly exhibit but place the word TRANSPORT in
the subject line of the message. Theme is based upon any method for moving
about other than by walking - so travel by skateboard, airplane, car, cycle,
boat, train, and any other conveyance method is fair game. General guidelines
are available at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery-sub.html

From: Heloise and the PF gallery staff