Re: Comments on PF exhibit on 11/03/07

Thank you for your comments...
You are quite right, the image looks a little washed out, but that is my memory. I have looked at tweaking contrast, saturation and white balance and the result is definitely better! Sharpness, well, the full-size image looks pretty OK to me, so that's a difficult one to answer.

Ideally I would have walked onto the verge for the picture, but being in the car, I didn't like stopping more than briefly.

Howard

Elgenper wrote:
Now, this is a good week! Let´s try some comments, with Darin´s treatise open in the background... (but I feel I´ll have to start with my immediate impression for each image....)

Howard Leigh - Hardknott Pas
I want to go to the Lakes again... and those beers wouldn´t be sneered at either... 1) T: On my monitor, it looks just a tiny bit washed-out, and not entirely sharp. DoF surely would be sufficient using a small-sensor camera in good light, but it seems AF has locked on to the grass in the lower left corner, not the more distant view. 2) C & AE: pleasing composition, with a good sense of depth and a well placed vanishing point; one wants to walk straight in! The strip of tarp in the lower right detracts a bit, but just cropping the entire bottom strip doesn´t work either.